top of page
Federal Skilled Worker
Get your permanent resident visa to live permanently in Canada. 
In order to qualify through Federal Skilled Worker Class (FSWC) Program, you have to follow the Express Entry route.
You can learn more about Express Entry here. 
People often get confused with the word "Worker" in the Federal Skilled Worker as a "work" visa but it is not. This is a permanent resident visa, issued to foreign national,  which enables the person and the dependants of that person to live in Canada permanently.
Minimum Requirements:



Work Experience


Full Time


30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)




15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
30 hours/week for 12 months at more than one job = 1-year full time (1,560 hours)


You must show that you did the duties set out in the lead statement of the occupational description in the NOC, including all the essential duties and most of the main duties listed.


If you cannot show that your work experience meets the description in the NOC, you are not eligible under this program.


Find out the NOC code, title and skill type or level for your job here


Language Ability


You must:


  • meet the minimum language level of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7, and

  •  approved by Refugee, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (RCIC) that shows you meet the level take a language test for speaking, listening, reading and writing.


You must show that you meet the requirements in English or French by including the test results when you complete your Express Entry profile.


Your test results must not be more than two years old on the day you apply for permanent residence.




You must have:


  • a Canadian secondary (high school) or post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree



You may find more about ECA and the agencies which could help you do your credential evaluation here


[The report must show your foreign education is equal to a completed Canadian secondary (high school) or post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree.]


Six Selection Factors

If you meet all the conditions set out in the minimum requirements, we will assess your application based on the selection factors in the federal skilled worker points grid. 


The selection factors are:


  • your skills in English and/or French (Canada’s two official languages),

  • your education,

  • your work experience,

  • your age,

  • whether you have a valid job offer, and

  • your adaptability (how well you are likely to settle here).


To see how many points you might get, read about the selection factors or contact us for further detailed analysis.


Proof of Funds


You should have money to support yourself and your family after you arrive in Canada. You must show that you have enough Canada, unless you:


  • are currently able to legally work in Canada, and

  • have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada.


Principal applicant


If you are married or live with a common-law foreign national partner in Canada, and that person also meets the above conditions, you can decide which one of you will apply under Express Entry as a principal applicant.


common-law partner is a person who has lived with you in a conjugal relationship for at least one year. Common-law partner refers to both opposite-sex and same-sex couples.


Look at each selection factor and see which one of you is most likely to meet the eligibility requirements and earn the most points. That person should apply as the principal applicant.


Business Plan

Business Plan

Professional Man Smiling

Professional Man Smiling

Business Woman Typing

Business Woman Typing

Business Women Planning

Business Women Planning

Skilled Professional

Skilled Professional

Skilled Worker

Skilled Worker

Canadian Experience Class

Canadian Experience Class

Canadian Experience Class

Canadian Experience Class


bottom of page